Hurricane Fiona is a potentially severe event that is expected to impact our area beginning Friday, and continuing into the weekend.
In the event of prolonged power outages, the Rocky Harbour Community Hall on Pioneer Lane will be open as a warming station.
Here are things you can do to minimize risk to your property, and help prepare for potential outages:
– Secure loose items around your property
– Move vehicles to a safe location
– Trim trees
– Check on/assist neighbours
– Have a written/printed contact list
– Gather flashlights and batteries
– Assemble food and water
– Fill up gas tank/fully charge electric vehicles
– Charge all devices (phones, computers, battery packs, radios)
– Make sure you have ample First Aid supplies and prescribed medications
– Have some cash on hand
– Check your insurance policy to make sure you’re adequately covered
Please continue to monitor alerts issued by the Canadian Hurricane Centre and forecasts issued by Environment Canada:
Thank you and stay safe!