Seasonal Labourer (Temporary)
At this time the Town Council of Rocky Harbour is accepting resumes for a Maintenance Person.
The scenic coastal town of Rocky Harbour is home to approximately 937 residents, 80 businesses, and is a paradise for outdoor lovers and those who value work-life balance. Rocky Harbour is located in the heart of Gros Morne National Park, a spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has access to a variety of amenities, including a K-12 school, hospital, dental office, pharmacy, grocery stores, restaurants, salons, an arena, softball field, seasonal swimming pool, hiking, cross-country ski trails, and ocean-based activities. It’s the perfect place to live and grow.
Employer: Town of Rocky Harbour
Summary of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of the town’s water and sewer systems
- Perform maintenance programs for the town’s roads, buildings, vehicles, and other related equipment
- Maintain records
- Conduct mandatory water testing
- Carpentry skills
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License 05
- Experience in Municipal Public Works, Water Systems, Lift Stations would be an asset
- Water Distribution Operator Training or equivalent experience would be an asset
- Criminal background check
- Drivers Abstract is required
Term: This position is a temporary seasonal position. Standard hours of work shall be a minimum 40 hours a week. This position will include shift work, callouts, holidays and weekends.
Remuneration: As per the Collective Agreement of CUPE Local 4350
How to Apply: Email, mail or drop your resume off at the Rocky Harbour Town Office at 73 Main Street North, Rocky Harbour, NL
By Mail: Hiring Committee
PO Box 24
Rocky Harbour, NL A0K 4N0
Deadline for submission of resumes: Friday, September 29 at 12:00 PM.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those selected for an interview shall be contacted.